Metal-Free Restorations – Lakewood, CO
Regain Your Teeth’s Beauty after Decay or Damage
As durable as metal is, it isn’t very appealing in your smile. Luckily, Dr. Artino here at Lakewood Complete Dentistry can use other materials to recover not just your teeth’s former strength but also their beauty. Our metal-free restorations can take your smile from looking artificial to natural in one or two appointments. So whether you need an amalgam filling or a dental crown with a lackluster appearance replaced, our cosmetic denal team
Why Choose Lakewood Complete Dentistry for Metal-Free Restorations?
- Personalized treatment plans for each patient
- Affordable, quick options available
- Custom restorations made out of durable, beautiful materials
What are metal-free restorations made of?
With advancements in technology and materials, our Lakewood dental office offers many kinds of cosmetic dental restorations, such as tooth-colored fillings, dental crowns, fixed bridges, and inlays and onlays, that are completely free of metal content. Instead, they can consist of any of the following:
- Composite resin
Each one resembles a natural tooth closely so that other people are often unable to tell that you ever experienced tooth decay or damage at all.
What are the benefits of metal-free restorations?
In addition to the more aesthetically pleasing appearance, restorations without metals have other advantages, including the following:
- Stain resistance. Porcelain, which is used to make crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays, does not stain easily, so you can keep your restored smile as beautiful as possible for much longer.
- Increased confidence and mental health. When you know your smile looks attractive, you want to show it off more frequently, and studies have shown that smiling can boost your mood and help you feel happier.
- Less sensitivity. Some patients have allergies or sensitivity to metal, so a metal-free option for tooth restoration saves them from dealing with this unpleasantness.
- Longer lifespan. If you take good care of your restorations, they can serve your smile well for a decade or even longer.
What is the process for getting metal-free restorations?
Because they meet so many different needs, metal-free restorations can vary in their placement process. For example, Dr. Artino can put in tooth-colored fillings during just one appointment, but most other restorations require at least two visits. In the first, we’ll remove any decayed or damaged tooth structure, making sure that what remains is healthy and clean. In addition, we may need to prepare the tooth further to accommodate the new restoration. Then, we will take impressions of your teeth so that a truly custom restoration can be created at a specialty dental lab. While we wait for the final product, you will wear a temporary restoration to protect your tooth in the meantime. When your personalized restoration is completed, you’ll return to our office so that we can adhere the restoration in place, giving you back a natural-looking, healthy smile.
Regardless of how extensive the problem is leading up to your tooth needing to be restored, you can rest assured that our metal-free restorations and our team’s gentle care will give you reason to smile brightly again. If you want your outdated restorations replaced or you need restorations to get your teeth back up to full health and function, contact our caring dentist and team at Lakewood Complete Dentistry for an appointment today!