CEREC Same-Day Crowns – Lakewood, CO
Offering Protection for Damaged Teeth in One Visit
Dr. Vincenzo Artino wants to help his patients achieve fully restored smiles in less time. When a tooth is damaged or decayed, time is of the essence, which is why he proudly offers CEREC Same-Day Crowns. These one visit crowns make it possible to protect a patient’s tooth from further harm while restoring their smile in less time than it takes with a traditional dental crown. Dr. Vinnie wants you to feel confident in your smile, so if you’re in need and want to learn more about CEREC technology and its capabilities, contact us today to schedule an appointment.
If you’ve had a traditional dental crown placed in the past, and it’s time to have it replaced, CEREC technology can offer an alternative solution that will provide a more durable, longer-lasting dental crown. Not only is the process fast, simple, and minimally invasive, but it will produce a crown that fully protects your tooth, giving you increased confidence and peace of mind.
How Do They Work?
A Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) dental crown is a custom restoration that is made using CEREC technology. Utilizing computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Dr. Vinnie can create a personalized crown for your dental needs without having to send it off to a dental lab. Instead, he constructs it in-house using images of your teeth.
The goal of a CEREC crown is the same as a traditional dental crown in that it is designed to add protection to a weak, damaged, or decayed tooth while encouraging your regular tooth to grow stronger. Offering a strong seal, it will keep harmful bacteria out.
Unlike a regular dental crown that requires two appointments to have fully placed, CEREC crowns are crafted and put into place in just one visit.
What is the Process?
When discussing CEREC crowns with Dr. Vinnie, you will determine which type of material you would like to be used to create your dental crown (i.e. gold, porcelain, and zirconia). Before he begins to use his skills to design and digitally create your prosthetic, he will examine the tooth in question and remove any decayed or damaged areas before prepping your tooth. This requires him to remove a small bit of enamel in order for the custom crown to fit properly.
The next step is to take digital images of your tooth, which will be sent to a special machine that allows Dr. Vinnie to use CAD/CAM to design and fabricate your custom crown. Once it looks the way he wants it, the design is sent to a milling unit. Placing the specified material into the machine, it will begin to create your dental crown.
During this time, you’ll be able to relax while waiting for your dental restoration to be finished. Once it is ready, he will polish it and carefully cement it to your natural tooth, giving you a fully restored, beautifully blended smile.
What Are the Benefits?
- Dental Appointments: Traditional dental crowns take two appointments, but CEREC crowns are completed and placed in one visit.
- No Messy Impressions: You can forget the use of cold, messy dental putty. Instead, Dr. Vinnie will use a specialized camera to retrieve accurate digital images of your tooth.
- Time-Saver: By having the dental crown created in house, should there be any problems with the final restoration, they can be fixed immediately instead of having to ship it back to the dental lab for recreation.
- Look and Feel: These teeth replacement restorations look and feel completely natural. Not only are they matched to your natural tooth color, but they accurately fit over your regular tooth because of the precision used to design and create your custom dental crown.
- Longevity: With proper oral care and maintenance, you can expect your CEREC crown to last anywhere between 5 and 15 years.